Many bond program projects are designed to improve safety of drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. In all four Parker County precincts, rural roadways have been widened and reconstructed, with improved markings and signage. On the Aledo Trail project, the program team closely coordinated with Union Pacific Railroad to provide a safer railroad crossing. Other projects realigned roads, improved intersections, modernized signals and replaced a bridge, all with safety in mind.
Stats & Facts
- 4 railroad crossing improved
- Over 100 vehicular lane miles of new or replaced pavement
- 1000’s of linear feet of metal beam guard fence and protection barriers
- 11 New intersection signal lights installed
- Numerous sharp curves improved